Join Ongoing, Job-Embedded Cohorts
for Learning and Action!
Want innovative models and approaches for blended and digital teaching and learning to build capacity, develop leadership, facilitate strategic planning, and coach educators? Don’t miss this opportunity! Applications will go live May 19, 2017.
The Friday Institute for Educational Innovation at North Carolina State University, in partnership with the Department of Public Instruction, invites you to join your colleagues in an ongoing, job-embedded cohort-based program during the 2017-2018 school year.
Designed with you in mind
Each specific program has been designed specifically for Superintendents; District Leaders; School Leaders; Instructional Coaches, Media Coordinators, Teachers Leaders, and Instructional Technology Facilitators (ITFs)*
Research-based to meet
We know we must prepare our students for the world as it truly is. We know we want to build students’ skills to be globally competitive. We know blended learning expands learning time, differentiation, empowers educators and leaders, and provides the engaging variety our students want and need.
A few comments from the hundreds that participated in cohorts last year…
*Each program is layered and vertically aligned, so we encourage districts to have participants engage in each of our cohort opportunities.
“Do NOT stop this process!”
– District Leader
“Practical application in abundance!”
– NCDLCN Instructional Coach
District Leadership Teams:
North Carolina District Teams for Digital Learning (NCDTDL)
East, West, and Central cohorts will include up to 15 district teams with up to 8 team members per district. Over the year, teams will participate in 5 days of face-to-face sessions with district-based activities and collaboration.
- Develop capacity to understand, model, and lead personalized and digital learning;
- Develop an understanding of and plan for key elements of personalized and digital learning: human capacity, curriculum & instruction, data & assessment, and technology & infrastructure;
- Become part of a network of district leaders focused on creating and implementing a vision for personalized and digital learning; and
- Collaborate, strategically plan, and reflect as a district team, while also taking activities back to the district to lead with school leaders and teachers.
North Carolina Digital Learning Institute (NCDLI)
One cohort of Superintendents (meeting at the Friday Institute) will participate in 4 days of face-to-face sessions with the content aligned to the District Leadership Teams in hopes that you and your team(s) will also participate in the District Leadership Team cohorts.
- Build capacity among superintendents to lead personalized and digital learning in their districts;
- Develop an understanding of and plan for key elements of personalized and digital learning: human capacity, curriculum & instruction, data & assessment, and technology & infrastructure; and
- Create a network of superintendents focused on creating and implementing a vision for personalized and digital learning.
Principals and Assistant Principals:
North Carolina Leadership in Blended and Digital Learning (NCLBDL)
Join a robust group of alumni by participating in the East, West, and Central cohorts of approximately 75 principals. There will be 5 days of face-to-face sessions with school-based and virtual activities and collaboration.
- Develop an understanding of and use data to create clear goals for personalized and digital learning in their schools;
- Engage and establish a culture in their school community that supports personalized and digital learning;
- Model the use of personalized and digital learning in their schools;
- Support teachers’ transition to personalized and digital learning;
- Understand the infrastructure needs required; and
- Develop and implement a Personalized and Digital Learning Road Map.
Instructional Coaches/Media Coordinators/ITFs:
North Carolina Digital Leaders Coaching Network (NCDLCN)
Join this fabulous statewide network through West and Central/East cohorts of 75 instructional leaders and participate in 6 days of face-to-face sessions that will engage in ongoing peer support network. Mentors from prior years will also support the cohorts.
- Increase understanding of personalized & digital teaching & learning;
- Explore problems of practice through collaboration and reflection;
- Expand understanding of and create instructional resources to use with teachers everyday;
- Support teachers’ transition to digital learning;
- Develop coaching capacity and individual coaching action plans; and
- Expand professional learning network.
We encourage you to apply for this face-to-face and blended opportunity to learn and share with your colleagues from across the region and state.
This program provides you the opportunity to learn while also working directly on challenges and ideas you have for your own schools and district.
We understand the challenge to commit to being out of your offices, buildings, and classrooms for 5 or 6 days, but past participants repeatedly have shared how important this time to learn and collaborate has been and how it has accelerated their transitions to personalized and digital learning in their schools and across their districts.
Please reach out to Theresa Gibson if you have any questions, and we look forward to working with you!